Monday, July 1, 2013

Putting my faith where my mouth is

Dear God, 

Thank you for giving my husband the opportunity to lead.  Also for me to show my strength of loving him and trusting his decisions.  Right now he has worry and doubt. Dear God please lift him and guide him as leads our family to success. All of what we have is because of you. I am thankful to have learned that and know that in my heart.  Thank you. Amen. 

My loving husband,CJ, had devastating financial news.  I just started this journey of losing my imagined control, I didn't think I would be equipped with the change of heart and mind. I stayed positive and uplifting. CJ asked to me to do only one thing for him and that was not to worry.  Wow, my first request and that's a whopper!  Me, not worry, yikes.  

I know it will take longer than a week to completely change years of habits. I know I will do everything to keep a calm level head, watch him lead and bring success to our family.  He needs my loyalty not my criticism. Learning now that my worry makes him feel like I have no faith in him helps me to squash the words that would usually bubble up.  This never helped and only put more pressure on him. It is his job to learn from any mistakes and mine to point out the good.  

I am choosing to strengthen my marriage not bring it down with control, worry and criticism.  I choose to watch my husband stand taller knowing that He has a loyal wife who's got his back ;)

Romans 8:28 ”all things work together for good for those who love God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment