Friday, July 5, 2013

Lessons from the Bible & The Duke

  Dare 3 was a report card and yesterday, dare 4 I really need think about. This is dare #5.


My dear brothers, take note of this:

Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.  James 1:19


This reminds me of a John Wayne quote; "Talk Low, Talk Slow and Don't Talk Too Much". The Duke is oh so wise ;)

I have to admit I don't listen as well as I should. I mean deep listening. Oh I hear what CJ says, but sometimes I'm just not listening.  And as I am hearing him, again, not listening, I am already thinking about what I am going to say next.  Slow to speak? Not so much.  Well we all know where this anger part is going.  

I have days where I have such patience I amaze myself. Other days the sound of breathing will grate on my nerves.  I pray I have the wisdom to be so slow to anger that it becomes second nature to me.  That it no longer amazes me. 

I was thinking that though I am focused on most of these things with my relationship with my husband, I'm hoping to spread it into all areas of my life. 

CJ is in a highly stressful situation right now.  He has said many times this week that he thinks I am perfect and doesn't want to let me down. That everyday he loves me more and more.  I have released my worry, focused on his leadership, and showing him respect. I believe that "Gods Got This". 


No comments:

Post a Comment